Arran Coastal Way
65 miles of coastline
- Discover the island's amazing wildlife and stunning seascapes.
- The loop of the whole island is often enjoyed over a week long walking holiday.
- Remote and rugged coastal walking is contrasted by welcoming seaside villages and beaches.
The Coastal Way can be split into the following day walks:
- Brodick to Sannox 12km / 7.5 miles
- Sannox to Lochranza 15.5km / 9.5 miles
- Lochranza to Imachar 14.5 km / 9 miles
- Imachar to Blackwaterfoot 16 km / 10 miles
- Blackwaterfoot to Lagg 11 km / 7 miles
- Lagg to Whiting Bay 15 km / 9.5 miles
- Whiting Bay to Lamlash 9 km / 5.5 miles
- Lamlash to Brodick 8 km / 5 miles
See coastalway.co.uk for more information on the route.
A Scottish Great Trail
The Arran Coastal Way is now a recognised Great Trail. Scotland’s Great Trails are nationally promoted trails for people-powered journeys. Each is distinctively waymarked, largely off road and has a range of visitor services. At least 25 miles in length, they are suitable for multi-day outings as well as day trips. The trails great opportunities to explore the best of Scotland’s nature and landscape and to experience our amazing history and culture.